Graduate Teaching Assistant – Haverhill – Gain Primary School Experience Before Teacher Training!
Gain experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at a fantastic Suffolk Primary School for the remainder of this academic year to get you fully prepared for teacher training!
For confident and suitably experienced graduates, there is the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities as an Instructor within Year 1 where you can team-teach and deliver lessons of your own (support and supervision provided).
- Graduate Teaching Assistant role – Primary School, Haverhill
- Working within a very energetic Year 1 class
- £60-£88 per day for the successful candidate (depending on the role)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant role commencing now until the end of the academic year
- Full-time post working 5 days each week
- CPD and training on offer for all Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Position designed to help you gain experience before you enter teacher training
- Supporting whole class lessons and leading 1:1 and group interventions
- Opportunities to work as an Instructor available (enhanced daily rate would be applied)
Our partner school is based in Haverhill, Suffolk:
- Two-form entry Primary School (two classes per year group) to allow you to work closely with two qualified Year 1 Teachers
- Approachable and supportive Head of School and Deputy Headteacher to provide support as and when you need it
- School graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in most recent inspection
- Bright, spacious classrooms with specialist intervention areas
Graduate Teaching Assistant Specification
To be considered for the Graduate Teaching Assistant role, you will need to have or be able to demonstrate the following:
- A 2:1 or First-Class Honours degree and Cs or above in Maths, English and Science
- Have a desire to train as a Primary teacher in the future
- Some experience in Education – Tutoring, shadowing, coaching, mentoring, volunteering etc
- Have a passion for education and a desire a make a difference to students and their attainment/progress
- Able to commit to a full-time role for the remainder of this school year
Do not hesitate in applying for this Primary Teaching Assistant opportunity at a progressive school in Haverhill. Hit the ‘apply now’ button and send your CV straight over to Matt Burgum at EduStaff.
Please note: due to the volume of Graduate Teaching Assistant applications, only successful Graduate TAs will be contacted.