Trainee Maths Teacher - Chelmsford | Chelmsford, East Anglia
Premier Pathways Teacher Training – Join the next generation of outstanding teachers.
Premier Pathways is a comprehensive, two-year, salaried route into teaching which ensures you can train and earn at the same time. Accredited by the University of Buckingham, our programme will see you obtain your PGCE (plus 60 Masters credits) with QTS and no tuition fees.
Applications are now being taken for aspiring Maths Teachers wishing to join a forward-thinking Secondary School in Chelmsford.
We are looking to receive applications from talented and passionate future Maths teachers who are excited to start their teacher training in order to inspire the next generation!
Premier Pathways will perfectly suit Trainee Maths Teachers who are looking to earn a salary whilst they train and who feel they will develop into the best teacher possible by training within a school setting for two-full academic years.
The Premier Pathways package of training represents the most comprehensive Initial teacher education available.
Year 1 – September 2020-July 2021
- Salary: £14,040
- 1:1 and Group Interventions
- Teacher observations
- Familiarisation and Consolidation
- Lesson planning and team teaching
- 50% teaching timetable in Term 3
Year 2 – September 2021-July 2022
- Salary: £15,795
- Teacher Training (PGCE) year
- 80% teaching timetable
- PGCE 60 Masters credits
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Residentials during half-term
- Dedicated university and school mentor
- 3-week contrasting placement
“Two years into the programme, I felt confident as an NQT with my class, my school and my colleagues” – Premier Pathways Participant (Cohort 2)
“I feel the whole experience has stood me in good stead for the future. I have also been promoted to a senior teacher role for my NQT year based on my experience and conduct through my 2 years at my main school” – Premier Pathways Participant (Cohort 3)
The successful Premier Pathways Trainee will:
• Have an impressive academic background which includes a minimum of a 2:2 degree within Maths (or a Maths related subject – Accounting/Economics/Statistics/Finance) combined with strong Post-16 and GCSE grades.
• Be passionate about Maths teaching and have the necessary desire to make a positive impact to young people.
• Have the presence and character needed to relate to the next generation; inspiring and motivating them to fulfil their educational potential.
• Have the resilience needed to deal with challenging circumstances with a positive mindset and with a calm, composed manner.
• Understand that whilst teaching is a challenging profession and requires hard-work and dedication, that it is an incredibly rewarding job and will allow you to make a difference in the lives of the children you educate every single day.
Premier Pathways are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, all applicants will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Click ‘Apply’ if you feel Premier Pathways Teacher Training and it’s gradual, supportive and progressive route into Teacher Training is the ideal way of you gaining QTS. For more information, contact the Premier Pathways team or visit our website www.premierpathways.co.uk
Please note: due to the volume of Teacher Training applications we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted for an initial telephone interview.