Teaching Assistant (TA) – Graduates
Teaching Assistant (TA) – Graduates - Stoke-on-Trent
Are you a graduate looking for valuable experience in a secondary school before teacher training?
Could you utilise your skills and help the attainment levels of Yr11 students through GCSE exam preparation?
*** Student Mentor & Intervention Assistant (Yr11)
*** £75 - £80 per day
*** ‘Good’ secondary school, Newcastle-under-Lyme
*** Immediate start – July 2020 finish
To support the work of the Senior Assistant Headteacher, by undertaking activities to promote academic achievement and pastoral care of Year 11 students across the cohort and with individuals to ensure they achieve the best results in examinations.
• Attend and record actions at Risk Register meetings, noting students who are at risk of underachieving and the actions staff are taking to address this.
• Administration of interventions plans, mentoring programme etc.
• 1:1 and small group support for students who are either underachieving or disengaged with their learning to support them to make good progress in lessons.
• Provide pastoral support as required in liaison with the Year 11 Head of Year.
• Make arrangements for students to attend additional support sessions and keep registers of attendance.
• Follow up with students to ensure the interventions in place are impacting positively upon their achievement.
• Contact with parents regarding students adhering to Y11 expectations and providing information regarding interventions.
• Ensuring student attendance at intervention with follow-up where absent, liaising with class teachers as required.
• Liaising with Form Tutors/Teachers where issues regarding engagement with learning are affecting progress to ensure the most appropriate provision is in place.
• Administration of student intervention reports (eg progress report, motivation report).
• Tracking of intervention requirements of students to ensure students are not over-stretched.
• Mentoring Y11 students and coaching towards exams (motivation, stress management, pastoral care, organisation of time).
• Supporting students with producing and using revision timetables.
• Supervising revision clubs (before school, after school, lunchtimes as required).
• Administration of holiday revision sessions (timetables, communication, staffing support etc).
• Invigilation of the Vulnerable Student Examination Room.
Get ahead of the competition and apply for this Student Mentor position in Newcastle-under-Lyme immediately! Send Luke Bacciochi your cv by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.