Teaching Assistant - Birmingham
Are you looking for a teaching assistant post, starting November 2018?
Would you like to work in small secondary school where behaviour has been deemed ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted?
My client is a small school with strong community values; they know and care for every pupil as an individual. They embrace our cultural diversity and celebrate each pupil as a member of the school family. The ethos encourages mutual respect and support to enable every pupil to make the greatest personal, social and academic progress during their time at the school, preparing them for successful careers and fulfilling lives.
*** Teaching Assistant
*** Fixed term 1 year contract
*** £12,400 - £12,700 per year
*** ‘Good’ school, Birmingham
*** Training provided
- To support teaching staff in the development and education of pupils including the provision of specialist skills as appropriate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support for Pupils
- Support the activities of individuals or groups of children. Participate in the education of children, including contributing to their health and well-being
- Support children with special needs (if appropriate to the focus of the role)
- Sensory and/or physical impairment
- Cognition or learning difficulties
- Behavioural, emotional and social development needs
- Communication and interaction difficulties
- Dealing with the personal care needs of children where appropriate in line with the guidance of the local authority
- Support for Gifted and Talented pupils
- Support for the teacher(s)
- Provide support for learning activities by
- Supporting the teacher in the planning and evaluation of learning activities
- Supporting the delivery of learning activities
- Support literacy and numeracy activities in the classroom
- Support the maintenance of pupil safety and security
- Promoting school policies with regard to pupil behaviour
- Supporting the implementation of strategies to manage pupil behaviour
- Undertake routine marking in line with school policy
- Provide clerical/admin. support, eg., photocopying, collecting money, administer coursework
If you agree that this Teaching Assistant opportunity in Birmingham is the ideal place to further your ambitions, apply today! Send your CV straight over to Luke Bacciochi by clicking the apply button!.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.