SEN Teaching Assistant - Secondary School - Newmarket
SEN Teaching Assistant - Newmarket
Are you a graduate who is passionate about supporting children and young adults with SEN?
Are you considering applying for a Masters or PHD but need relevant experience supporting the 11-16 age range?
If so, explore this amazing SEN Teaching Assistant role in Newmarket!
***SEN Teaching Assistant role starting ASAP
***Secondary School setting
***SEN Support role lasting until the end of the academic year in the first instance
***£65 - £70 per day (dependent on specific responsibilities)
***Fantastic SEN provision within this mainstream school
***Amazing facilities including sensory room, cool-off room, life skills room and outdoor learning space
***Working alongside a team of four Teaching Assistants and a very passionate SENCO
SEN Teaching Assistant - Job Specification
- You MUST be a graduate with a minimum of a 2:2 degree
- You will ideally have previous experience supporting children or young adults with SEN
- You need to be able to demonstrate you are passionate about inclusive education
- You will need strong subject knowledge within Numeracy and Literacy
- You will need to feel confident supporting the learning of the 11-16 age range
About the SEN Teaching Assistant role
- You will be working under the guidance of the SENCO to support the learning of children who have SEN
- Supporting students aged between 11-16 who have ASD, ADHD and MLD.
- Running small group interventions to improve social skills, literacy, numeracy and life skills.
- Ensuring the sessions you deliver meet the EHCP requirements
- Supporting children who speak English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Progressing the learning of the pupils in your care by driving the lesson content forward
It is rare for a mainstream school to boast the SEN facilities that this school can offer to their students. If you are passionate about ensuring all students are fully included at school regardless of their ability or the barriers to learning they may have, then this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
Get your application in for this SEN Teaching Assistant role today! Click ‘Apply now’ to send your CV to Matt Burgum at EduStaff to get the ball rolling.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful SEN Teaching Assistants will be contacted for this SEN Teaching Assistant role.