SEMH Outreach Teacher – Camden – Primary SEMH children
Edustaff are recruiting an experienced teacher to provide advice, intervention work, including direct teaching, for children with SEMH needs and staff working with them in school and other settings.
Our client provides Outreach support to primary aged children social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH). The SEMH Outreach worker in addition to supporting the children and staff will also liaise with outside agencies, provide support to practitioners in mainstream schools and work with parents.
SEMH Outreach Teacher Role
• Prepare and deliver training and support to school staff
• Experienced primary SEMH practitioner
• Reduce challenging behavior, promote inclusion of primary aged students with SEMH.
• Work will include working in partnership with mainstream schools supporting SEMH children and assisting the staff working with these children
• This is a 2-year fixed-term post initially but with the possibility of extending contract thereafter
• Based in the London Borough of Camden
• Salary Awarded: Main Scale / Upper Pay Scale ( SEN)
SEMH Outreach Teacher requirements
Qualified teacher status (essential)
• Additional recognised SEN qualification (desirable)
• Understanding of SEMH needs and of approaches to meeting them in a mainstream school setting
• Knowledge of the Code of Practice for SEN, including the statutory assessment process and legislation
relating to children and young people
• The skills to help school staff to develop their capacity to support children with SEMH needs
• The ability to plan, organise, and deliver effective training
• The ability to collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary team
• Fantastic Central London Location – Exceptional Facilities
• Excellent transport links - Across London
• Supportive and progressive Team
• Work with outstanding and dedicated SEN professionals and support staff
• Regular Supervision from psychologist specialising in SEMH
This is a wonderful opportunity to secure a rewarding role for an SEMH Outreach Teacher for a long-term contract and beyond!
If you have the skills and experience required to excel in this role. Click here and send you CV and covering letter to Fiona at Edustaff.
SEMH Outreach Teacher – Central London