Science Teaching Assistant | London Central, London
Science Teaching Assistant - Islington
Are you a graduate with a strong background in Science? Are you considering a career in teaching?
If you think that science teaching might be the career for you and want to gain long-term classroom experience before starting a PGCE, this school have the perfect position!
A graduate with an outstanding academic record and a charismatic personality to match is wanted to join this nurturing secondary school in Islington as a Science Teaching Assistant.
• Science Teaching Assistant post available immediately
• Large secondary school located in Islington
• Fantastic opportunities for Science Teaching Assistant to progress onto teacher training with this supportive school
• £70 - £80 per day salary for Science Teaching Assistant
• Long Term, Full-Time Science Teaching Assistant role
Science Teaching Assistant Specification
• High-achieving Science Graduate with a strong background in any of the sciences
• Strong A-Level and GCSE results
• Excellent communication skills with pupils and colleagues alike
• Aspirations of becoming a Science Teacher
• Some prior experience working with young people is desirable
About the Role
• Support teaching across the whole department
• Work across Biology, Chemistry and Physics in KS3
• Support students in your specialised science at KS4 Level
• Pick up essential skills and experience across different roles in the department
• Take 1:1 and small booster classes
• Help push top students and support those of a lower attainment
Found in Islington, this diverse secondary school is easy to access via public transport. The Governors and staff at this school work hard to ensure that students receive an outstanding educational experience, which will open doors and pathways once they leave the school at 16.
If you want to join this professional and passionate team as a Science Teaching Assistant, get your application in now! Click 'Apply Now' to send your CV to Tom England at EduStaff.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.