2:1 (or above) Science Graduate Wanted!
Our client school are looking for a Science graduate considering teaching in the future that can confidently provide tuition for pupils at all abilities.
>Science Tutor post
>Chelmsford secondary school – expanding Science department
>Full-time, long-term position as Science Intervention Tutor
>Must hold a 2:1 or above degree in a Science specialism (Chemistry/ Biology / Physics)
>September 2019 – July 2020
If you have completed your Science based degree and have some previous tutoring in the subject, then you are ready to join this school in September as a Science Intervention Tutor and Teaching Assistant. The Science Intervention Tutor post is the perfect opportunity for you to get started on your career path into teaching, or simply spend a full year building experience, inspiring young learners to engage with the subject.
The Chelmsford secondary school are looking to appoint a Science graduate who has achieved a 2:1 or First-Class, someone who holds a genuine interest in becoming a qualified Science Teacher in the future.
This Science Tutoring role is ideal for a graduate who is looking for classroom experience prior to their PGCE or any Initial Teacher Training pathway.
Science Intervention Tutor – Key duties and responsibilities:
• Line managed by the SENCO and Head of Science department, you will help plan and deliver stimulating intervention and tuition sessions to students across the school on a 1:1 and small group basis.
• You will receive full training to track and record pupil progress, and alter education plans accordingly.
• You will provide revision support to Science GCSE and Science A-level students.
• Gain experience as an Exam Invigilator.
• As with all staff at the school, you will be assigned a small group of students that you will support as a mentor, providing pastoral support.
• As your confidence grows, you will provide cover for whole classes, delivering pre-planned lessons.
This Science Intervention Tutor role is ideal for an individual who is looking to pursue a career within teaching but is first seeking experience prior to teacher training, or those looking for a supportive school that will take you on to their own ITT platform as an alternative to a PGCE. This Chelmsford school has a great reputation for their support systems as well as the retention of their staff.
If you are ready to explore a new challenge, click ‘apply’ to send your CV to Angelo at Edustaff.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.