Science Graduate for Thurrock School | September 2019
Science Teaching Assistant – Thurrock
This school are looking for a confident Science graduate (with any specialism) to join their growing Science department.
This is an opportunity for you to gain first-hand experience of what it is like to work in a busy school environment and to assess whether a career in teaching is the right one for you.
***Science Teaching Assistant position available as a Long Term/Interim, Full-Time position
***Modern secondary school
***Starting September 2019
***£65.00 - £80.00 per day
***Teacher Training routes available
• You will need to have a 2:2 or above in a science-based degree
• The successful candidate school be confident, personable and driven
• You will have a good base of subject knowledge
• The appointed Science Graduate will have an interest in working within the education sector
• Previous experience is desirable but not a necessity
• You will have the desire to help young learners in their exploration of this core subject
About the Role;
• You will be working closely with the Science department in helping to support the students in developing their understanding of the Sciences
• As a Science graduate, you will be working with years 7-11 and will potentially have the opportunity to gain experience in sixth form
• You will be working with students on a 1:1 basis but also in small groups
• In this role you will have the opportunity to plan and deliver your own short sessions
This is a school that successfully appoints graduates each year to help support different departments across the school. There is a community of recent graduates at this school, all of who are considering a career in education. This is a supportive and pro-active school who will help guide you as you make an informed decision as to whether a career as a teacher is the right one for you.
If you have the positive attitude required to fit in at this modern secondary school in Thurrock, apply for the Science Teaching Assistant role today! Click 'Apply Now' and send your CV and covering letter to Amber Claydon at EduStaff.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.