Science Graduate for 'Oustanding' Thurrock school
Science Graduate – Thurrock
Are you currently completing a degree in a Science based subject and are predicted to graduate with a 2:2 or above?
Have you been out of university for a few years and are now considering a career within teaching?
We are looking for confident, motivated and approachable graduates who are excited to explore a career within education.
***Science Graduate position available as a Long Term, Full-Time position
***Large secondary school
***Starting September 2019
***£65-£88 per day (dependant on experience)
• You will hold a 2:2 or above in a relevant degree
• No previous experience is necessary although we encourage applications from those who have previously tutored/mentored or worked with children in some capacity
• You need to be confident and able to clearly express yourself
• You should be considering a career in teaching
• As a Science Graduate at this school you will need to be happy to work with students on a 1:1 basis, in small groups and occasionally lead on whole class sessions
About the Role;
• Working closely with student in years 7-11 with the opportunity to work with students from the schools sixth form once confident
• To support the Science department with their preparation and delivery of classes
• From time to time you may be asked to plan and deliver short activities to small groups of students to enhance their understanding of certain modules
• This is an opportunity to develop your skills within the current Science curriculum, expand your skills of working with young people and understand the full role of a teacher
• Salaried teacher training routes are available for the right candidate
• Large school in Thurrock
• Graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
• Excellent support in place for graduates who are thinking about a career in teaching
• Easily accessible via road and public transport
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this Science Graduate position, apply now! Send your CV and covering letter to Amber Claydon at EduStaff by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.