Science Academic Mentor | Colcester | Graduates only
Science Academic Mentor – Colchester
This Colchester school are looking to meet with a recent Science Graduate who has a passion for their subject and could be considering a career in teaching.
This Science Academic Mentor position is ideal for someone looking to gain hands-on experience of working in a busy school environment, giving you the opportunity to explore different teacher training routes.
***Science Academic Mentor position in Colchester
***Long Term/Interim, Full-Time role at a modern Colchester school
***You must have already graduated and hold a minimum of a 2:2 in your degree
***£65 - £88 per day – This is dependant on the responsibilities involved in the role
***Science Academic Mentor position with the potential to lead onto Teacher Training
***Excellent support and progression opportunities available
• You MUST hold a Science based degree and have achieved a 2:2 or above. You will have had to have graduated already as this is a full-time role
• We are hoping to meet with someone who is personable, engaging and excited by a career in education
• The Successful Academic Mentor does not need to have any previous experience but any applicants who can display previous work with children will be of particular interest to the school
About the Role;
• Every day will be slightly different, your working in a school, but essentially you will be there to support the Science department and the different teachers within that
• The appointed Science Academic Mentor will support students on a 1:1 basis as well as supporting small groups
• You will work with students for Year 7 – Year 11 and may get the opportunity to support within the schools sixth form
• You will have the opportunity to build on your understanding of the Science curriculum and develop your understanding of the different levels the students are working at
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is considering applying for ITT ready for next September, you will receive the guidance and support in ensuring that you apply for the right training programme and even have the chance to explore the schools own teacher training programme.
Please send us your CV if you are interested in this Science Academic Mentor position. This secondary school is very excited to find the right fit for their supportive environment in Colchester - if you have any further question or queries surrounding this Science Academic Mentor role, please don't hesitate to get in touch..
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.