Psychology Teacher- Kensington & Chelsea- Sept 2020 | London West, London
Psychology Teacher- Kensington & Chelsea-Sept 2020
Are you an experienced Psychology Teacher who has achieved ‘outstanding’ in their recent lesson observations? Maybe you are an NQT and are looking to work within an outstanding school, where you will be
This outstanding Academy is seeking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Psychology, who has a track record of raising attainment and delivering outstanding lessons. We offer an outstanding, settled and stable science department where you will be developed and can teach. We have a science specialism which is seen across the Academy and have links with numerous universities and scientific associations. This is an excellent science department to work in and has results which are significantly above national averages and are some of the best in London.
Person specification- Psychology Teacher
• An excellent track record teaching at GCSE and AS/A2 level, where possible, demonstrated through exemplary examination results (for NQTs, the ability to describe how to get excellent GCSE and A level results would be an advantage)
• A willingness to also teach another subject at Key stage 3 and/or 4 is desirable.
• The capacity to contribute to the development of the Academy’s Christian ethos
• The ability to inspire and motivate others
• High expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
• Enthusiasm for developing innovative approaches to learning, teaching and student participation
• A clear understanding of the latest curriculum and pedagogical developments in Science and associated curriculum areas
• The passion and commitment to work in an outstanding, inner-city Academy.
Applications from NQTs are welcome and will also be considered. The Academy offers an excellent NQT induction programme including weekly seminars and a supportive coaching culture - they are a great place to start your career.
The school- Psychology Teacher
The staff at this academy are friendly and supportive and offer a whole range of professional development opportunities no matter what stage you are at in your career. They want all of their teachers to be outstanding and so offer unrivalled professional development and support. This includes a CPD session every week (including opportunities to regularly visit other schools for newly qualified teachers) and a thriving in house Lead Practitioner team that coach and support staff across the Academy. This academy has a simple, flexible and consistent way of developing outstanding teaching. Most of their senior and middle leaders started as teachers with them and have developed into highly talented practitioners. They offer internal and external training through NPQML, NPQSL and Teaching Leaders - your professional development is important to them!
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then click apply now and send your CV and covering letter to Kirsty at Edustaff