Physics Graduate - Academic Mentor/Tutor
Physics Graduate – Academic Mentor/Tutor - Newmarket
Are you a talented Physics graduate looking to utilise your Physics knowledge to inspire others?
Have you considered a career within Science industry or research but feel that your personality is more suited to teaching?
A forward-thinking school in Newmarket are seeking a high-calibre Physics graduate with the passion to provide Physics based support to Secondary School students, giving you the opportunity to lead your own groups and cover a broad array of topics within the Science curriculum!
Physics Graduate required for Science Mentor role in Newmarket
- Well-established Secondary School with excellent training and progression for a Physics Graduate
- A competitive pay rate of £65-£88 per day (dependent on timetable and responsibilities)
- Position commencing straight away and lasting for the remainder of the academic year in the first instance
- Opportunities to progress on to teacher training within Science from September 2020
What will you get out of this Physics Graduate role?
- Unparalleled experience supporting students to succeed academically within Science
- Leading 1:1 and group intervention sessions as a Tutor – put your own twist on how you engage students to learn about Physics
- A rewarding role where you can motivate and inspire the next generation of Scientists
- Working with a highly effective Science department that can offer you teacher training prospects in 2020
- The opportunity to observe qualified Physics Teachers to see how they plan and deliver lessons
What are we looking for in a Physics Graduate Tutor?
- A Physics Graduate with a passion for all things Science!
- Good academics (ideally 2:1 and above in a Physics related degree)
- An enthusiasm for teaching and for education
- A burning desire to support others academically
- An eagerness to pass on your love of Physics to others!
Our partner school in Newmarket are seeking a Physics graduate who is keen to gain an extensive amount of school-based experience prior to taking their next career step into teacher training. This Physics Graduate role will allow you to work with Key Stages 3 and 4 up to and including GCSE groups.
If you are a Physics Graduate looking to work within a talented Science department, apply today and start the process!
Please note, due to the volume of applications, only successful Physics Graduate applications will be contacted for this Physics Graduate role in Newmarket.