2:1 (or above) Maths graduate wanted!
Our client school are looking for a Maths graduate considering teaching in the future that can confidently provide tuition for pupils at all abilities.
>Maths Tutor post
>Harlow secondary school – expanding Maths department
>Full-time, long-term position as Math Tutor
>Must hold a 2:1 or above degree in Mathematics or a similar specialism
>September 2019 – July 2020
If you have completed your degree in Mathematics and have some previous tutoring in the subject, you are ready to join this school in September as a Maths Intervention Tutor and Teaching Assistant. The Maths Intervention Tutor post here is the perfect opportunity for you to get started on your career path into teaching, or simply spend a full year building experience, inspiring young learners to engage with the subject you love.
The Harlow secondary school are looking to appoint a Maths graduate who has achieved a 2:1 or First-Class, someone who holds a genuine interest in becoming a qualified Maths Teacher in the future.
This Maths Tutoring role is ideal for a graduate who is looking for classroom experience prior to their PGCE. Boasting the academic outcomes of students across KS3 and KS4, you will be supporting the students on a 1:1 basis as well as small group tutoring interventions – boosting the student’s knowledge and raising attainment.
Maths Intervention Tutor – Key duties and responsibilities:
• Line managed by the SENCO and Head of Maths department, you will help plan and deliver stimulating intervention and tuition sessions to students across the school on a 1:1 and small group basis.
• You will receive full training to track and record pupil progress, and alter education plans accordingly.
• You will provide revision support to Math GCSE and Math A-level students.
• Gain experience as an Exam Invigilator.
• As with all staff at the school, you will be assigned a small group of students that you will support as a mentor, providing pastoral support.
• As your confidence grows, you will provide cover for whole classes, delivering pre-planned lessons.
This Maths Intervention Tutor role is ideal for an individual who is looking to pursue a career within teaching but is first seeking experience prior to teacher training, or those looking for a supportive school that will take you on to their own ITT platform as an alternative to a PGCE. This Harlow school has a great reputation for their support systems as well as the retention of their staff.
If you are ready to explore a new challenge, click ‘apply’ to send your CV to Angelo at Edustaff.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.