Maths Academic Mentor (Graduate) - Southend
Are you a Maths Graduate from a leading University who will be looking for a school-based role in Essex from September 2019?
Are you are looking for a full academic year of experience in a secondary school Maths department before starting your teacher training in 2020?
If so, working as a Maths Academic Mentor could be exactly what you are looking for!
As a confident Maths Graduate, you will be able to utilise your academic talents and help pupils achieve and build confidence within Maths.
Build some solid foundations to a future career as a Maths Teacher by submitting your Maths Academic Mentor application today!
• Maths Academic Mentor post – Southend
• Talented Maths required
• High achieving Secondary School with an inspirational Headteacher and supportive Senior Leadership Team
• £65 - £88 per day (depending on responsibilities)
• First class resources in this modern and state-of-the-art school
• Learning from outstanding Maths teachers and immersing yourself within the world of education
• Exceptional track record of quickly developing graduates into outstanding candidates for teacher training positions
Maths Academic Mentor Specification
• 2:1 or First-Class Honours Maths Degree (Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Physics or Engineering degrees would be considered)
• Graduates with a non-Maths degree but with an A-Level of C or above in Maths or Physics are encouraged to apply
• Charismatic and engaging Maths Graduate who can inspire the minds of others
• Previous experience tutoring/mentoring/coaching the 11-16 age range is desirable
• The ability to deliver engaging, challenging and creative Maths activities
Maths Academic Mentor Role
• Supporting the class teacher, leading small groups & mentoring pupils on a 1:1 basis
• Observe exemplary practice from some outstanding practitioners and help to raise pupil’s attainment
• Plan and deliver small group Maths intervention sessions to accelerate learning
• Fantastic Maths Academic Mentor experience for those looking to train as a Maths teacher
If working as a Maths Academic Mentor sounds like the rewarding role you are looking for and will provide you with the perfect steppingstone towards teacher training, contact Amber Claydon at Edustaff today!
Please note: due to the volume of Maths Academic Mentor applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.