Head of Resistant Materials | South East London, London
• Head of Resistant Materials
• Southwark, SE London
• Outstanding School
• Permanent Contract
• September 2021
• Inner London Payscale
• Are you an enthusiastic leader looking to develop their practice in a new environment?
• Are you passionate about Resistant Materials and able to inspire others?
• Are you committed to making a difference to the lives of young people in Southwark?
The post will involve ensuring the quality of delivery, assessment, achievement and progress in Resistant Materials at The school in years 7 to 11 and the promotion of an imaginative, extensive and immersive experience including relevant practical experience, visits and trips.
The successful candidate will:
• Ideally be a Resistant Materials Specialist
• Have a proven track record of impact on student progress
• Have experience of teaching the new GCSE specification and ideally A-Level
• Be keen to promote and further expand the subject and enhance uptake at KS4 and KS5
• Be a dynamic, career-minded professional
This is a Catholic school with very strong moral values and a traditional approach to behaviour and discipline; they believe in honesty and trust. The school consistently achieves outstanding academic results far above local and national averages in every subject area.
They have an exceptional record of helping their pupils to achieve more than they think is possible: they are regularly in the top 5% of all secondary schools in the UK on Academic Value-Added tables. Their excellent record of achievement is a testament to the strength, determination and sheer hard work of this community and this has been reflected in their most recent OFSTED inspection in which they achieved “outstanding” in all categories.
They prioritise high-quality learning and teaching to ensure successful student achievement. Their students are keen to learn and a pleasure to teach. They provide a warm and welcoming learning environment with a strong team of committed teachers and support staff. Student outcomes at The school are outstanding.
Do you agree that this is a fantastic Head of Resistant Materials opportunity? Is Southwark, SE London a good location for you? Yes? Apply today! Click ‘apply’ and send your cv to Lee Rayner at EduStaff immediately.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.