LSA – Chelmsford Secondary School
Join this modern Chelmsford secondary school and gain the experience, knowledge and skills you need to put you a cut above the rest as you head into teacher training in September 2020!
• Secondary LSA position available as a 1 Year Fixed Term, Full-Time position
• LSA – Chelmsford Secondary School
• Starting September 2019
• £70 - £80 per school day
LSA – Chelmsford Secondary School | Job Description
This is a full-time role for an LSA commencing in September 2019 who can demonstrate an aptitude for providing a high-level of pastoral and academic support to students with learning difficulties and special educational needs. You will be working across different subjects and your support will encompass all year groups through Key Stage 3 – Key Stage 4, including GCSE examination support.
The successful LSA will benefit from working alongside an experienced SENCO and support team that is passionate about inclusive education and completely dedicated to ensuring the pupils they support are given every opportunity to maximise their potential in a nurturing and safe environment. You will be tasked with upholding this ethos and promoting inclusion.
LSA – Chelmsford Secondary School | Key Duties & Responsibilities
As an LSA, you will be timetabled to support pupils with an education healthcare plan across the school, both in class, and in one to one intervention sessions outside of class. The processes of the role will see you:
• Plan and deliver small group intervention sessions designed to raise attainment levels.
• Working closely with the SENCO and class teachers, track progress and implement learning plans for specific pupils.
• Supervise extra-curriculum activities on and off site such as swimming and sports clubs.
• Develop appropriate resources for pupils you are supporting, ensuring they can access the teaching of the class.
• Motivate and encourage.
This LSA – Chelmsford Secondary School position represents a chance to work within a well-established and forward-thinking school; an ideal environment to start your career in education. Apply now by clicking apply and sending your CV to Angelo at Edustaff.
Please note: due to the volume of LSA applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.