Graduate Cover Supervisor | Southend Secondary
Graduate Cover Supervisor – Southend – Secondary School
Are you a confident graduate who loves variety?!
Do you like challenging yourself?!
With training provided, would you embrace the challenge of leading cover lessons to classes of up to 30 students?!
If so, this Graduate Cover Supervisor role could be the ideal role for you!
• Graduate Cover Supervisor role starting immediately
• Secondary School located local to Southend
• Full-Time role that will last until end of the academic year in July 2020
• Must hold a minimum of a 2.2 degree classification and GCSEs of C or above in Maths, English and Science
• £70 per day as a Graduate Cover Supervisor
• Preference will be given to those graduates who are looking to commence teacher training in the future but want to gain school experience first.
What does the Graduate Cover Supervisor role involve?
• Supervising classes whilst they complete tasks that have been set by their usual class teacher.
• Manage the behaviour of students effectively, resolving any problems before they escalate.
• Providing students with a positive learning environment to enable progress to be made.
• Following the school’s behaviour policies.
• Ensuring completed work and the behaviour of the pupils is clearly fed back to the class’s typical teacher.
The thought of covering classes would be daunting for anyone – particularly to someone who has not had experience doing it previously! As a result, you will complete a full induction programme and get the opportunity to shadow experienced Cover Supervisors upon starting your new role.
What makes a good Cover Supervisor?
• Confident communicator – someone who can clearly and confidently communicate the expectations around the lesson they are delivering.
• Initiative and the ability to think on your feet in order to react quickly and effectively to the unpredictable nature of Secondary School students!
• Patience, calmness and the ability to work well under pressure!
• Relate well to students, create a positive rapport and a harmonious classroom environment
This role presents an excellent opportunity for graduates who are considering teacher training in the future to gain some extremely useful classroom experience.
Click ‘Apply’ and send your CV to Amber Claydon at Edustaff to express your interest in this Graduate Cover Supervisor role.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful Graduate Cover Supervisors will be contacted for this role.