Graduate Cover Supervisor - Newmarket
Graduate Cover Supervisor – Newmarket
Are you a high-achieving graduate who has a love for education?
Are you looking to secure additional school experience prior to applying for teacher training?
Do you want to use your academics, your personality and your experiences to fully support students in the classroom?
Would you have the confidence to deliver pre-set lesson plans as a Cover Supervisor?
• Graduate Cover Supervisor role in Suffolk starting immediately!
• Secondary School located local to Newmarket
• Be part of a successful and growing Multi Academy Trust
• Full-Time role that will last until end of the academic year in July 2020
• Must hold a minimum of a 2.2 degree classification and GCSEs of C or above in Maths, English and Science
• £70 per day as a Graduate Cover Supervisor
• Preference will be given to those graduates who are looking to commence teacher training in the future but want to gain school experience first.
• Previous experience supporting the 11-16 age range would be advantageous for this role (Youth Work/NCS/Camp America/Summer Camps)
What makes an effective Cover Supervisor?
• Confident communicator – someone who can clearly and confidently communicate the expectations around the lesson they are delivering.
• Initiative and the ability to think on your feet in order to react quickly and effectively to the unpredictable nature of Secondary School students!
• Patience, calmness and the ability to work well under pressure!
• The ability to relate well to students, create a positive rapport and a harmonious classroom environment.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for graduates who are considering teacher training in the future to gain some extremely useful classroom experience.
Click ‘Apply’ and send your CV to Matt Burgum at Edustaff to express your interest in this Graduate Cover Supervisor role.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful Graduate Cover Supervisors will be contacted for this role.