Graduate Cover Supervisor - Newmarket
Cover Supervisor – Aspiring Teachers from Suffolk
Are you a confident and outgoing graduate who is excited about the prospect of qualifying as a teacher in the future?
Would you like an academic year of school experience prior to applying for teacher training?
Do you have a 2:1 or First-Class Honours degree and GCSEs of C or above in English, Maths and Science?
If so, this Cover Supervisor role could be the perfect role for you!
What does a Cover Supervisor do?
• Follows pre-planned lesson plans to lead whole classes in the absence of a qualified teacher
• Implements school behaviour policies to effective manage behaviour in the classroom
• Makes sure all students are focused and are on-track to meet the lesson objectives
• Prepares the classroom for lessons
• Helps students who are struggling with the work set for their cover lessons
• Carries out admin duties or works as a Teaching Assistant when not required to cover
The main objective for a Cover supervisor is to oversee the smooth running of lessons by helping struggling students, managing behaviour and ensuring the lesson plan is delivered to a high standard.
About this Cover Supervisor role:
• Graduate Cover Supervisor role starts in September 2019
• Be part of an expanding Multi Academy Trust in Suffolk
• Opportunities to work within Bury St Edmunds, Haverhill or Newmarket
• Excellent training & development on offer and full induction programme for new starters
• Gain invaluable experience in the classroom ahead of your teacher training applications.
• Full-time role for one academic year initially.
• £70 per day for the 2019-2020 academic year (£13,650 actual earnings)
• Opportunities to progress on to teacher training within the trust from September 2020
• Graduates from all degree subjects encouraged to apply (priority given to Maths, Science, English and Geography graduates)
Here we have the perfect opportunity for you to receive the training, development and classroom experience needed for you to fully assess if a career in teaching is for you. Send your CV to Matt Burgum at Edustaff for this Cover Supervisor position in Suffolk by clicking ‘Apply Now’
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01245 260 980 to discover more about this exciting Cover Supervisor job in Suffolk
Only suitable applicants who meet the required specifications will be contacted for this Cover Supervisor role.