Geography graduate or a graduate in related subjects such as Environmental Science, Geology or even Geosciences? Do you have an exceptional understanding of all Geographical enquiry, both physical and human?
Perhaps you have excelled in Geography or any number of Geography related degrees and would now like to train as a teacher?
If you seem to be answering ‘yes’ to these questions, then perhaps it is time to consider your future and train as a Schools Direct Geography Teacher in a highly academic London secondary!
The following advert will explain how this can be achieved via this Geography Teaching Assistant post.
• Oxbridge/Russell Group/1st Class Graduates in Geography – Teaching Assistant
• Highly Academic Secondary School in London – Humanities Teaching Assistants
• September Start – Long term Teaching Assistant Post full time until July 2020
• Followed by Teacher Training Opportunity from September 2020
• Rare Opportunity for Top Geography Graduates Looking to Train as a Geography Teacher
• Secondary School with ‘Outstanding’ Leadership - Teaching Assistants
• Academic Secondary School with Exceptional Scientific Resources
• Excellent Mentoring from Outstanding Teachers and Senior Leaders
• This Humanities Teaching Assistant post is open to those with a first, 2:1, 2:2, Master’s or PhD in Geography or a degree containing at least 50% Geographical material such as Environmental Science, Geology or Geosciences
A unique opportunity has arisen at a successfully academic secondary to train as a Geography Teacher. The Geography Teaching Assistant post is open to Geography graduates or graduates with related degrees in subjects such as Environmental Science, Geology or even Geoscience. It is important to the school that any Geography graduate have a determination to succeed in education and is prepared to work hard to achieve this goal.
As previously mentioned the bar for this prestigious training programme is high and you will need a high class of degree with geographical content equivalent to 50% of a geography degree. The school require the content of your degree to be either Physical or Human, but it is preferable if you have a balance of both.
The school will firstly begin your training as a Teaching Assistant working mostly in the Humanities department as you hone your teaching skills. As a Teaching Assistant you will be working mainly within the established Humanities faculty, although often you will be leading activities inside and outside the classroom for any SEN pupils you will have the privilege of supporting. All Teaching Assistants help to support all pupil regardless of ability. It is keenly felt by the Head teacher that all future teachers should train as Teaching Assistants prior to ITT (Initial Teacher Training). This Teaching Assistant post will allow you develop precise core attributes that all outstanding teachers require.
This school is an optimistic secondary found in London and is easily reached by tube and rail situated in a leafy suburb of South West London.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed as the new Geography Teaching Assistant, apply to join this inclusive secondary in London today! Click 'Apply Now' and send your CV and covering letter to Andrew Robinson at EduStaff.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.