English Teacher Required- Hammersmith & Fulham- Sept 2020 | London West, London
English Teacher- Required! Hammersmith & Fulham-Sept 2020
This school is looking to appoint an outstanding teacher of English. This school has recently opened and is still in a period of growth. They are a single sex boys school and currently have full classes from Yr7-yr12 with plans to extend to yr13 in Sept 2020
This is an ambitious school we believe strongly in their vision and ethos and are determined to become one of the very best schools in the country and influence the educational landscape nationally and globally.
This school are currently in the process of moving from a SAT to a MAT which means that there will be exciting career progression opportunities for staff.
As for the English department, GCSE results in the summer were excellent. 81% of our boys achieved a good pass in English literature, 86% of boys achieved a good pass in English Language, while 94% gained a good pass in either English Literature or Language.
Person specification- English Teacher
The successful candidate will;
• work with the rest of the English team on building upon this success and ‘bringing out the best in boys
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner
• Have high expectations of students in terms of learning, achievement and behaviour
• Have a sound subject knowledge which they can utilise to challenge all pupils
• Be able to enthuse and excite our boys about English
• Be able to work with the rest of the department in planning and delivering an English curriculum that will equip our boys to achieve well at GCSE, A Level and university
• Be able to clearly demonstrate the impact that the English curriculum is having on our boys.
• Possess a real can-do attitude
• Have the capacity to contribute to
If this position excites you, then click apply now and send your up to date CV and Covering letter to Kirsty at Edustaff
Please note; Due to the volume of English Teacher Applications, successful applicants will be contacted.