English Academic Tutor | 'Good' Southend school
English Academic Tutor – Southend
This school are looking for an English Academic Tutor to join the school for the whole of the academic year, giving you some hand-on experience of working in a busy school environment possibly giving you the experience you need to support an application for Teacher Training.
***English Academic Tutor post available in Southend school
***Popular secondary located in Southend
***£65 - £88 per day (Dependant on responsibilities)
***Long Term/Interim, Full-Time role
***You must be a graduate with a 2:2 or above in an English based degree
***Excellent opportunity to lead onto ITT
• You will be a graduate and hold at least a 2:2 in your English based degree
• You will have some experience working with children (in any capacity, formal or otherwise)
• This school are particularly keen to meet with graduates who hope to apply for teacher training ahead of September 2020
• To be successful in this English Academic Tutor role you need to be confident, personable and ready to get stuck in to school life
• The appointed English Academic Tutor will be excited about working in a school environment on a full-time basis
About the Role;
• The English Academic Tutor will be supporting students through 1:1 and small group tuition
• You will be expected to support students with the comprehension, reading, writing and analysing skills
• You will be given the necessary support and resources to help you become familiar with the AQA GCSE English Language and English Literature Syllabus
• The appointed English Academic Tutor will be supporting a range of pupils including higher ability and those with special educational needs
• You will get the opportunity to plan engaging sessions which target areas of need and will do this by liaising with the English department.
This is the perfect opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual to really make a difference as an English Academic Tutor. Join this secondary school in Southend by sending your CV to Amber Claydon at EduStaff!.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.