Graduate Cover Supervisor - Harlow
Are you an adaptable Graduate who is keen to start a career as a Secondary Teacher but are seeking school experience first?
Would a year as a Graduate Cover Supervisor give you that meaningful and essential classroom experience that you are looking for?
Our client school in Harlow are keen to meet with academic and confident graduates to support their students across all subject areas. The schools we partner with can support you with your initial steps into the education sector, with continued and developing support systems.
** Graduate Cover Supervisor position in Harlow
** Strong academic record including a 2:1 or above, good A-levels and GCSE grades of C or above in English, Maths and Science
** Full-Time role for the full academic year
** Some school experience is necessary. Classroom, learning support or tutoring experience are also recognised
** £65-£70 per day, paid weekly (dependent on experience)
• Your roles and responsibilities as a Graduate Cover Supervisor will include: Supervising classes or groups of students in the absence of the teacher
• Reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the session, and any issues arising
• Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures
• Leading lessons over a range of subjects
• Implementing work programmes across all Key Stages
• Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking work to ensure a constructive environment
To consider a career in education you need to understand what it truly means to be a teacher, and what better way to do this than to immerse yourself in a busy school environment. As a cover supervisor you will find yourself working across a number of departments, developing your understanding of the curriculum and teaching techniques that different teachers use. This cover supervisor position will see you get the chance to work with a variety of different types of students, from those who are high achiever to those who need a little bit of additional support.
The school are hoping to meet a passionate graduate with a 2.1 or above in their chosen degree. They want to see someone with the ability to understand their subject and achieve high standards.
As a part of our recruitment service, Edustaff will try to find you a school that is within a realistic commutable distance from where you are based. Whether it be public or your own form of transport, Edustaff will tailor its service to your requirements.
Does this sound like something you would be interested in finding out more about? If so, click 'Apply Now' and send your CV and covering letter to Amber Claydon at EduStaff.
Please note: due to the volume of English Graduate applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.