Cover Supervisor | Graduates only | Chelmsford
Cover Supervisor – Aspiring Teachers from Essex
Are you a confident and outgoing graduate who is excited about the prospect of qualifying as a teacher?
Would you like an academic year of school experience prior to applying for teacher training?
Do you have a 2:1 or First-Class Honours degree and GCSEs of C or above in English, Maths and Science?
If so, this Cover Supervisor role could be the perfect role for you!
What does a Cover Supervisor do?
• Follows pre-planned lesson plans to lead whole classes in the absence of a qualified teacher
• Implements school behaviour policies to effectively manage behaviour in the classroom
• Makes sure all students are focused and are on-track to meet the lesson objectives
• Prepares the classroom for lessons
• Helps students who are struggling with the work set for their cover lessons
• Carries out admin duties or works as a Teaching Assistant when not required to cover
• Provides effective feedback to the teacher that was being covered
The main objective for a Cover supervisor is to oversee the smooth running of lessons by helping struggling students, managing behaviour and ensuring the lesson plan is delivered to a high standard.
About this Cover Supervisor role:
• Graduate Cover Supervisor role starts in November 2019
• Be part of an expanding Multi Academy Trust in Essex
• Excellent training & development on offer and full induction programme for new starters
• Gain invaluable experience in the classroom ahead of your teacher training applications.
• Full-time role for one academic year initially.
• £65-£70 per day for the 2019-2020 academic year
• Opportunities to progress on to teacher training within the trust from September 2020
Here we have the perfect opportunity for you to receive the training, development and classroom experience needed for you to fully assess if a career in teaching is for you. Send your CV Amber Claydon at Edustaff for this Cover Supervisor position in Essex by clicking ‘Apply Now’
Contact email@example.com or call on 01245 260 980 to discover more about this exciting Cover Supervisor job in Essex
Only suitable Cover Supervisor applicants will be contacted for this Cover Supervisor role in Essex.