Cover Supervisor – Chelmsford Secondary School
*** Cover Supervisor – Secondary Comprehensive School located in Chelmsford
*** £70 - £80 per day
*** Long Term, Full-Time position starting September 2019
*** Large secondary school
*** Graduate required for Cover Supervisor Post
*** Teaching Training opportunities available
In this Cover Supervisor role, you will be working across each phase of the school to support lessons when the teacher is on leave. As Cover Supervisor, you will be responsible for delivering pre-planned lessons, ensuring effective communication of the subject matter as well as maximising productivity and raising attainment through succinct lesson delivery and adhering to behaviour management schemes.
The school are looking for a resilient, committed and confident graduate with an interest in pursuing a teaching career in the future. As a Cover Supervisor you will gain integral first-hand experience in a class setting, you will be able to develop and improve your teaching ability, learn effective teaching and learning methods, as well as gaining a strong knowledge of lesson planning and execution. You will also have ample opportunity to observe outstanding teachers. If you are a graduate considering a career in teaching, this Cover Supervisor role brings with it the tools you’ll need to have a successful start to your teacher training and career beyond.
Graduate Cover Supervisor – The role:
• Supervising classes in the event of teacher absence.
• Delivering work that has been set by the department and subject leaders in accordance with current pupil progression.
• Managing behaviour and ensuring a productive working environment.
• Providing academic support and responding to questions from pupils on methodology.
• Adhering to the school’s policies and procedures in the event of problems or emergencies.
• Continuing pupil progress tracking and reporting where appropriate on the behaviour of pupils using agreed referral procedures and liaising with the department in question.
Graduate Cover Supervisor – The Successful Candidate:
The school are keen to meet with ambitious, driven graduates that are committed to pursuing a career in teaching; dedicated individuals with the confidence to engage with whole classes, the eagerness to inspire in their subject specialism, and the desire to learn and develop under the guidance and training of the school.
• Educated to degree level with a classification of 2:2 or higher.
• Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to motivate and stimulate learning.
• Emotionally resilient in the face of being exposed to occasional demanding situations when managing behaviour.
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to different situations with the ability to utilise problem solving skills under pressure.
• Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with a base knowledge of IT to quickly grasp the technologies of the classroom.
** Full policy and procedural training will be given.
Join this school in September 2019 and be guided by outstanding teachers and senior leaders towards your own bespoke pathway into teaching.
Apply today! Click ‘apply’ and send your CV to Angelo at EduStaff.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.