BSL Teaching Assistant – Westminster, Central London – September Start Date
• BSL Teaching Assistant
• Work at an Outstanding Secondary in Central London
• BSL Qualification level 3 needed
• Role will lead to a permanent contract
• £80 - £90 per day for the BSL Teaching Assistant
• Outstanding support from the SENCO and Unit Leader
• Work specifically in the hearing impairment unit attached to the school
• BSL Teaching Assistant is needed to start ASAP after half term
• Role will last the entire Academic year and potentially beyond
Support Offered from the school
• You will be under the guidance of an Outstanding SENCO and head of Unit, who will give the BSL Support Specialist support and guidance throughout their time at the school
• CPD and training on offer for the successful BSL Teaching Assistant
• An Ofsted Outstanding School,
• High achieving environment celebrating success in every corner!
• Fantastic resources and facilities including the well-established hearing impairment unit.
The BSL Teaching Assistant Job Description
• Working closely with students who have hearing impairment
• Leading group sessions and helping students 1:1 in mainstream classes
• Liaising with parents and outside agencies
• Interpreting at parents evenings and events
• Working closely with outside agencies
• Reporting back to the SENCO and Unit Head regarding student progress
Experience needed for the BSL Teaching Assistant Position
With the role being so varied and with the BSL Teaching Assistant needed for parents evenings and events, the school require someone that has the following;
• Level 3 British Sign Language
• Experience working with Hearing impairment
• Degree would be ideal but not a necessity
• Someone that wants to gain a career working with hearing impairment
If you’re looking for a BSL Teaching Assistant and worked with children or adults who have hearing impartments and you would like to apply for this amazing opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
For anyone who could use some vital in-school experience as a BSL Teaching Assistant in a successful secondary School this Westminster, Central London-based role is ideal. Click Apply Now and send your CV for the BSL Teaching Assistant role to Richard Rawlings at EduStaff today.
Please note: due to the volume of BSL Teaching Assistant applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.