BSL Support Specialist – Westminster, Central London
This Outstanding Central London school is wanting to hire a British Sign Language Support Specialist to work within their hearing impairment unit. BSL experience would be advantageous, but not essential as you help accelerate the academic and social development of pupils.
• BSL Support Specialist
• September Start date
• Work at an Outstanding Secondary in Central London
• BSL Qualification would be an advantage
• £70 - £85 per day for the BSL Support Specialist
• Outstanding support from the SENCO and Unit Leader
• Work specifically in the hearing impairment unit attached to the school
• BSL Support Specialist is needed to start ASAP after half term
• Role will last the entire Academic year and potentially beyond
A varied role, the school ideally want a BSL Support Specialist with BSL Level 3 or with good experience within the field. Part of the role will see you liaising with parents and outside agencies which is why they want someone with this type of experience. The role will include;
• Working under the guidance of an Outstanding SENCO and head of Unit
• Offering students specialist support and guidance through their time at the school
• Working 1:1 and leading small groups of pupils
• Developing a relationship with students parents, offering feedback on progress
• Reporting to the SENCO and Unit Head, regarding progress
This BSL Support Specialist position is open to graduates who have a keen interest in Special needs, especially with children who have hearing impairments.
Working closely with students who have hearing impairment, on an individual basis and in small groups.
The school have an amazing hearing impairment unit, which is where you will be based for the academic year.
If you’re looking for a BSL Support Specialist and worked with children or adults who have hearing impairments and you would like to apply for this amazing opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
You will be under the guidance of an Outstanding SENCO and head of Unit, who will give the BSL Support Specialist support and guidance throughout their time at the school. An Ofsted Outstanding School, this high achieving environment celebrates success in every corner! They have fantastic resources and facilities including the well-established hearing impairment unit.
For anyone who could use some vital in-school experience as a BSL Support Specialist in a successful secondary School this Westminster, Central London-based role is ideal. Click Apply Now and send your CV for the BSL Support Specialist role to Richard Rawlings at EduStaff today.
Please note: due to the volume of BSL Support Specialist applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.