Biology Teacher | London West, London
Biology Teacher- Ealing- Permanent Position sept 2020
Are you a passionate Science Teacher with a specialism in Teaching Biology?
Do you have a strong subject knowledge with an aim to inspire and motivate all learners?
• Biology Teacher- Permanent post
• Sept 2020 start
• High achieving and collaborative secondary school in Ealing
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and personal attributes:
• A good honours degree in Biology or associated subject
• Experience of teaching Biology across the secondary age range
• Demonstrable passion for teaching Biology to Key stages 3,4 and 5
• Detailed understanding of current developments in the secondary curriculum and assessment
• A clear motivation to work with young people
• The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with young people
• Commitment to further professional development
Role & Responsibilities
All teachers are expected to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning by:
• Preparing and delivering challenging and differentiated lessons
• Setting homework in accordance with the School’s homework policy
• Marking work in accordance with the School’s marking policy
• Using all available data and information to ensure that each student is provided with an appropriate programme of study
• Having a good understanding of the schemes of work they are following and how these fit into the overall scheme of work for the subject they are teaching
• Keeping up-to-date with developments in the teaching of their subject
The teacher will be able to demonstrate:
The Science Department
Students study a bespoke integrated Science course in Year 7, before studying Biology, Chemistry and Physics in separate lessons from Year 8 onwards. At KS4 all students study the Edexcel IGCSE syllabus, with the majority taking separate Biology, Chemistry and Physics IGCSEs to achieve the Triple Award, and the remainder sitting Dual Award Science.
The Science Faculty in Senior School is led by the Head of Science and Physics. IGCSE and A Level Science results in recent years have been outstanding and pupil take-up of all three Sciences at A Level is excellent. A significant number of pupils go onto study science related degrees, including Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Medicine.
If this sounds like the ideal position for you and you feel that you make the requirements of this role, then apply now! Send your CV to Kirsty at Edustaff to be considered for this role
Please note, Due to the volume of Biology Teacher applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.