Aspiring Primary Teachers from Felixstowe | Felixstowe, East Anglia
Aspiring Primary Teacher - Felixstowe
- Are you considering a career within Primary Teaching?
- A career, where no two days are the same and where no two pupils are either!
- A career, where you get the chance to witness first-hand the children in your class growing and learning!
- Do you have the qualities needed to support the next generation in becoming outstanding young people?!
Edustaff have been working in partnership with forward-thinking schools for nearly a decade now. In that time, our Graduate Model has launched the careers of thousands of teachers; some of whom are now Senior Leaders themselves!
What are we looking for?
We would like to receive applications from aspiring Primary Teachers who are based locally to Felixtowe and have carefully considered that Primary Teaching is the career they wish to pursue. You MUST be a 2:1 or First-Class Graduate and have GCSEs of at least a C or above in English, Maths and Science. Graduates who can offer very strong academics within English, Maths and Science will be at an advantage for this role.
Edustaff Primary Graduate - Job Description:
- Support within a Primary School for the remainder of this academic year to build your classroom experience.
- Work as a Teaching Assistant, Cover Supervisor, Intervention Tutor or Instructor depending on previous experience and requirements of your placement school.
- Placement school to be based locally to Felixstowe
- Explore Primary Teacher training possibilities at the school from September 2020
- £60.00 - £88.00 per day (dependant on agreed role)
- Only available for those wanting to qualify as a Primary Teacher in the future
- Full-time role (Monday-Friday) within one school setting allowing for continuity and consistency
To be considered for this Primary Graduate opportunity, you must have:
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree (ideally within a degree that has a Primary Education focus)
- GCSEs of C or above in English and Maths
- The ability to develop positive relationships with students and staff members
- Patient, caring and approachable personality
- Dedication to education and a desire to qualify as an English Teacher
- Enthusiasm, energy and the ability to engage students to learn
- Resilience and the ability to stay calm and positive even in challenging situations!
During your time within this Primary Graduate role, you will gain the following experience:
- Working alongside qualified Primary Teachers to observe how they deliver lessons
- Getting involved with planning, marking, assessment and data tracking
- Supporting students across Year 1-6 as a Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Working closely with Year 2 and Year 6 in the lead up to SATs exams
- Working 1:1 and with small groups of students to accelerate learning within Phonics, Literacy, Numeracy and Handwriting
- Building up an in-depth understanding of safeguarding and child protection
- Enhancing your knowledge of the Primary curriculum at Key Stage 1 and 2
- Delivering pre-set lesson plans to whole groups (with supervision)
If you are excited by the prospect of embarking upon a career as a Primary Teacher but feel you would benefit from some additional classroom experience first, get in contact with Matt Burgum at Edustaff today to discuss your application and the next steps. Click Apply Now to start the process!
Please note: due to the volume of Primary Graduate applications, only successful Primary Graduates will be contacted.