Aspiring English Teacher - Ipswich - (Graduate role) | Ipswich, East Anglia
Trainee English Teacher - Ipswich
Gain School Experience for the remainder of this academic year before commencing Teacher Training in 2020!
- Are you a confident English graduate with an excellent academic record and the ambition of qualifying as an English Teacher in the future?
- Are you looking to gain school experience for the remainder of this academic year before starting teacher training in 2020?
Edustaff are working in partnership with the Assistant Headteacher of a Secondary School in Ipswich to help them to appoint a talented English graduate who can initially support within the school’s English Department as a Teaching Assistant. In time, you will start tutoring English students on a 1:1 and small group basis as an Intervention Tutor. You are also likely to get the chance to deliver pre-set lesson plans to whole groups of English classes.
This experience is designed to help you to make an informed decision regarding Teacher Training next year and to help you to build a solid foundation of classroom experience.
***English Graduate support role at a Secondary School in Ipswich
***Start out as a Teaching Assistant within an English department
***Progress into an English Intervention Tutor role where you will lead 1:1 and small groups to accelerate learning of students
***£65 per day (Teaching Assistant) rising to £70-£88 per day (Intervention Tutor/Instructor)
***Opportunities to start teacher training in September 2020
***Join a national Multi Academy Trust that can offer fantastic training and support
Trainee English Teacher – Job Specification
- MUST be a graduate with a minimum of a 2:2 degree
- English Literature, English Language and Linguistics Graduates encouraged to apply
- MUST have aspirations of qualifying as an English Teacher in the future
- Ideally will have previous experience working with the 11-16 age range
- MUST be passionate about education and be dedicated to improving the education of the children they are working with
- MUST be confident, approachable and hard-working
- MUST have a positive outlook, a good sense of humour and be able to deal with challenging situations in a calm manner
You will be working in a school that are passionate and committed to providing the young people of their community with the very best opportunities to achieve and develop their own abilities to the full – academically, personally and socially.
The school can offer enthusiastic and determined staff who recognise the need to remove all barriers to learning and, by providing the support and challenge that their students need, are aspirational for all learners throughout the academy.
The school works closely with the local community and recognises that success is always built upon effective and productive and relationships between staff, students and parents.
If you feel that this progressive English Graduate role will give you the perfect opportunity to kickstart your English Teaching career, send your updated CV to Matt Burgum at Edustaff today to start the application process.
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful English Graduates will be contacted for this Trainee English Teacher role in Ipswich.