Academic Mentor - 1st Class Graduate Opportunity | London East, London
Learning Support Assistant – Progressive Secondary School in Tower Hamlets, Central East London
Are you an ambitious 1st Class Graduate from a leading UK University looking to gain experience working with secondary SEN pupils?
Do you have ambitions to become an Educational or Clinical Psychologist or perhaps the motivation of becoming a teacher?
This progressive secondary school located in Tower Hamlets are looking for an experienced and highly-efficient Learning Support Assistant to work throughout the school supporting SEN pupils in a 1:1 capacity.
The school believes in an inclusive approach to SEN, full support will be given to the successful Learning Support Assistant upon starting.
Learning Support Assistant Specification:
• Passionate and empathetic Learning Support Assistant
• 1st Class Graduate from a leading UK University
• Experience of working with Special Educational Needs
• Strong GCSE results in English / Maths / Science – good background subject knowledge
• Proven behaviour management strategies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Learning Support Assistant Role:
• Learning Support Assistant
• Working with gifted and talented students and overachieving pupils
• Supporting students who struggle to meet set targets in core subjects
• Working small group teaching, 1:1, intervention and booster sessions plus out of class activities
• Monitor progress using a personal development plan
• Work with class teachers and school SENCo, opportunity to work with external agencies
• £70-£80 per day for a Learning Support Assistant
• Suitable role for a prospective teacher or aspiring psychologist
• Large Secondary School and Sixth Form located in Tower Hamlets
• High achieving student base – 90% GCSE A* - C pass rate in Maths, English and Science
• Awarded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, the school have a commitment to uphold the highest standards of academic, sporting, and artistic achievements.
• Strong community feel, within and around the school setting
• School is close to underground and overground stations Central and District line
An in-school experience like this Learning Support Assistant will help you stand out from your competition. Send your CV to Matthew at EduStaff today!
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Learning Support Assistant | Secondary School | Tower Hamlets | Immediate Start