1:1 Academic Support Assistant (ASD/ADHD)
Primary Teaching Assistant - Haverhill
Edustaff are working closely alongside the SENCO of an inclusive Primary School in Haverhill to appoint a Graduate Academic Support Assistant to join their vibrant and driven Learning Support Team.
This Academic Support Assistant role is ideal for Graduates looking for 1-2 years of experience working with children/young adults prior to applying for a Masters degree.
It is also a great way of graduates gaining classroom experience prior to applying for Teacher Training.
***1:1 Academic Support Assistant role at supporting Primary School in Haverhill
***Interviews available now with roles commencing in September/October
***Developing literacy and numeracy within mainstream classrooms
***Providing 1:1 support for students with complex needs (ASD/ADHD)
***£60-£65 per day
***Long Term role running until the end of July 2020 in the first instance
About the Academic Support Assistant role
- Helping your dedicated class teacher to set up the classroom ready for the day
- Helping to accelerate the learning of KS1/KS2 pupils within mainstream classes
- Working 1:1 and with small groups of children with SEN
- Showing empathy and patience to support the learning of children who have difficulties communicating
What do you need to be considered?
- A strong academic record which includes a minimum of a 2:2 degree and GCSEs of C or above in English, Maths and Science
- A patient and resilient personality and the ability to remain calm in challenging situations
- Previous experience working alongside children or young adults
- Confidence relating to ASD and ADHD
This Academic Support Assistant role offers an exceptional opportunity to the successful candidate. If you wish to join this fantastic school community in Haverhill send your CV to Matt Burgum at EduStaff by clicking the ‘Apply’ button..
Please note: due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for this 1:1 Academic Support role in Suffolk.